From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 15:40:38 -0400
Well after reading Alexandria's post on the wonderful time her two had
with the new "Door Buddy", I had to get one.  I figured if her 2 couldn't
get it then my guys couldn't either & it would surly last awhile.

So finally broke out of the house & went shopping & landed in Wal-Mart
where sure enough they had a few of them left.  So I get home with it &
where to put it?  Hang it on a door in here & there just isn't enough
room for them to be able to take off with it.  Ok, so everyone gets a
chance to be in the "other" part of the house once a day now that it is
too hot for them to go outside.  Hmmm.  Not really any good places to
hang it there either, unless I put it on the ceiling fan.  That is in the
middle of the room so that should give them a lot of room to play with it.

They just loved it as much as everyone else's fur kids that tried it.  And
they would try to haul it off to hidey holes only to have the thing snap
away from them the moment they relaxed their grip a little bit.  It was
up for about 3 days.  Yesterday one of the grandkids came in to see the
ferrets & told me that someone had killed the toy.  I hadn't even noticed
it, but sure enough it was pretty dead.  You see it had been skinned!
The fur was just hanging there exposing the plastic inside.  It is a soft
enough plastic that can be chewed into small pieces & ingested.  Give
these guys a live mouse & they have no idea what to do with it, give them
a toy & they destroy it!

So just thought I would let you all know that it is probably a toy that
should be supervised.  It was hooked up high on the ceiling fan, around
the motor, so it was farther away from the floor than if it had been
hanging on a door.  Drat!  They were having so much fun with it to!!!

Lynn & Clan War Weasels

BTW--just in case anyone is wondering, the ceiling fans are never turned
on.