From:
Victoria Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:33:28 -0500
Hi Everyone, This is Victoria again.  Pasha and Yoshi's Mom and also Mom to
5 cats and 6 GPS and two rabbits!!!!!!

Thanks for everyone who wrote to me about Pasha's Low energy.  They both
had a vet appointment with the "new" vet.  The vet had a wonderful manner
in handling them, he obviously loves animals and has experience with
ferrets.  One of the only ones in this area I might add.  My one concern
during the whole visit was he ask me how often I was bathing them and I
told him once a month.  He recommends every week to diminish smell!!!!!  My
angels smell wonderful to me.  I told him that I did not think it was good
to wash them so often.  He let it drop.

About Pasha.  He said that both Pasha and Yoshi appeared to be in good
health and were obviously well cared for and happy ferrets.  He was very
impressed that they are not hand shy or nippy.  I felt good about that
especially since we had such a hard time with Yoshi biting us and making us
bleed the first two weeks we had her.  She is a perfect little lady now!
They did both have ear mites which I had suspected and they were treated
and I have medicene to put in their ears once a week for a month.  I am
taking them both in after to holidays for blood tests.  I want to make sure
there isn't some hidden problem in my Pasha so if there is we can nip it in
the bud so to speak.

My question is another Pasha question.  Pasha is an extremely picky eater.
I worry so about this.  I mix three kinds of kibble, Marshalls, TF, and
Iams.  Neither one of my ferrets will eat raisins but both will absolutely
kill to get a yogurt or milk or honey drop.  They are getting one or two a
day.  Some days I can't get my Pasha to eat.  He acts like he is hunting
something that will taste good but he won't eat.  I have tried chicken,
Turkey, beef jerky, canned ferret food, craisins, raisins, cheese, cherrios
and more.  When I do see him eat he seems to favor Marshalls and he loves
whole cream but the two times I gave it to him he had awful diarhea!  My
walls were a mess behid his cage.  Does anyone else out there have a picky
eater and if so what did you do?  Pasha will also not take Petromalt or any
fur ball remedy.  He loves Ferretone and at first he ate raisins and two
times he took petromalt but now he won't take a rasin or petromalt!!!!!
What can I do about a hairball remedy?  Pasha looks healthy, he is not
losing weight, his fur is very nice, he has normal poops so maybe he just
doesn't need to eat as much.  I don't know.  This along with his low energy
keeps me in a state of anxiety.  I am a stay at home critter mom.  I work
part time at a home office so I am with my critters a lot.  I have never
worried like I have with Pash.  I read about all the health problems these
little fuzz butt angels have and it scares me.  I just want to do all the
right things and be the best I can be for them.

My heart aches for all the fur moms that have lost their little treasures.

Merry Christmas and Hugs and fert Kisses to all!  Victoria