Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 20:59:35 EDT
From Tony Campbell of Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven, NC:
[Forwarded with permission.]

Squiggles is "bouncing" back in true ferret fashion.  I say bouncing because
she is becoming a fat little girl.  Diane has pointed out that there will
probably be permanent scarring from the urine burns, but they are difficult
to detect because of all the pretty fur covering her chunky body.

She now has a cage mate with whom she cuddles when it is sleep time.  She
gives him a little bit of a hard time when they are awake.... but it is all
in fun.  Her out time is shared with her cage mate and two other older
females.  She is having a great time terrorizing three other fuzzies.  They
all play hard for about an hour.  The older girls then want to slow down a
notch, and squiggles will have nothing of it.  When the older girls realize
this, they find a place to hide and take a short nap.  It is at this time
that you will see squiggles dancing all over the floor looking for someone
to play with.  Her feelings appear to be a little hurt until she finds her
second favorite playmate..... daddy toe in sock.  Don't get the wrong idea
that she is a bigot..... mommy toe is just as fun.

I feel that she is making up for lost time.  Most ferrets that I see will
slow down after about an hour.  Squiggles can run at 110% for an easy 3 - 4
hours.  Her fur and markings are absolutely beautiful.  her whole body is a
very light tan (cinnamon) and her mask is a darker shade of the same color.
She still nips when she is excited, but I have every confidence that Diane
will curb this behavior.

(Her vet bills have been over $300, with a shelter of 50+ ferrets!.... sg)

Tony Campbell, Shelter Dad
Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven
111 Bay Berry Court
Statesville, NC 28677