From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2011 11:03:37 -0400
Possum Senior Reporter - Suzie Q cub reporter
Ziggy Reporter of a higher order
Andy watching from Rainbow Bridge

May 2011

Possum Here: Hey Suzie its time to do the news - where are you - come
on get up we need to do the news! Geezzzzzz you're a lazy butt today!

Mum here: Possum; Suzie left for Rainbow Bridge last Thursday you will
have to do the news on your own -

Possum Here: NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Suzie can't go! I'm not ready for her
to go!

Mum here: Possum, Suzie is gone she had to go; I will help you with
the news if you need me.

Possum Here: But mum there is too much news for just me, Suzie always
kept me on track, now what am I going to do?

Mum here: funny just last month you told Suzie she was a pain in the
butt to you, you start the news if you get stuck I will help.

Possum Here: Okay but doing the news without Suzie is not going to be
any fun at all! I will try, the Saturday before Easter mum went to see
her 2 legged furless kids and grandkids, then Sunday Mr Charlie and
Master Reilly came to help mum and pick up Friskie. Friskie was here to
hang out for a while - Reilly and his dad helped mum clean cages and
move kids. Reilly kept telling mum he could not decide which of us he
liked the best, mum told them she has never seen a ferret she did not
like, both Charlie and Reilly said they feel the same way.

Miss Mindy and Miss Donna came over with food for mum, Miss Mindy buys
mum junk food, Miss Donna buys mum good food, and mum wonders why she
is such a chunky monkey! Humph! Now this is where Suzie would tell me
to stop and be nice! I miss you Suzie! Come back to me!

Mum here: it's okay Possum you are doing just fine, keep going. Anyway
Miss Mindy helped mum get stinky stuff on us to keep the bugs away.

Possum Here: Over Spring break mum, Genevieve, and Teddy went to Seneca
Lake Terrace an assisted living community to show Teddy off to the
folks that live there that is where Old Lady Kay is living now.

They were waiting for Mum and Teddy to get there. Elaine took them to
the main living room area and allowed mum to set up the pen for Teddy.
Elaine could not wait to see him so she asked mum if she could take
him out of the carrier - Teddy was thrilled to be out - the residents
started filing in - they sat in chairs that were placed along the
walls - because SLT management does not allow pictures to be taken of
residents the folks that are pictured are of the staff - they were
great about allowing mum to take picture of them - the residents had
lots and lots of questions - some even knew a lot about ferrets - one
lady was offering up all kinds of information and all of it right on -
mum was so impressed - come to find out her granddaughter has 3 ferret.

Gen was video taping the visit - Mum says she has yet to figure out how
to get that off the card and onto the computer - when she does she will
share that with you as well.

After mum was done in the main living area they were taken to the wing
O.L. Kay is in -- mum and Gen got to show Teddy off there too -

Elaine came with us to babysit Teddy while mum and Gen set things up
again - she sure did enjoy that boy - this being Teddy's first outreach
event mum was pleased he did so well -

Mum says they were such a hit that Elaine asked when they could come
back. Mum took Gen to Mickey D's for lunch - before going home, Gen
informed mum that it was a very long day - Mum thinks it was a great
day - she said they will go back with Teddy -

Mum got notified that 660 of you looked at our pictures on webshots
http://community.webshots.com/user/lakeroad2

Miss Sue B and Mr Neil were here for a visit last weekend; it was great
to see them again. Then during the week after they went home Mum found
Suzie Q had left for Rainbow Bridge on Thursday - mum thought something
was up cause Suzie did not want her soup - she usually begged mum for
a second bowl when mum is dishing up soup at bed time - when mum saw
the soup was still in her dish in the morning mum was ready for a cold
hammock - the news this month is very hard to do - I miss my Suzie Q

Don't forget the 2011 Phoenix Ferret Symposium presented by the
International Ferret Congress (IFC) will be held June 3 - 5 at
the Fiesta Resort Conference Center in Tempe, AZ.
<http://www.fiestainnresort.com>.
Mention Ferret Symposium for special rates starting at $75 per night,
taxes not included. Go to the IFC web site for registration forms and
info. <http://www.ferretcongress.org/sym2011/default.html>

Registration deadline is May 11, 2011 so if you plan to join us please
get your registration in soon - mum will be there that weekend
Miss Donna D is going to watch us while mum is gone.

Possum Here: don't forget the weekend after that is our clinic day with
our favorite Doc - food - fun and the play yard will be set up to let
all the fur kids that come - hang out - that is June 11th - if you want
your fur kid to see the Doc then you need to get a registration form
from mum - if you are coming just to hang out to have some fun then
no need to register - we include a dish to pass picnic on that day -
so letting mum know you are coming so she knows how many hotdogs to
have on hand would be good. There will be raffles and Miss Lynne in
Washington State has another stained glass piece for raffle again
this year - Miss Mindy has the new piece on the front of our web site
www.ferretfarm.org

Boy is that a fun day to hang out at the shelter - Mum is a bit in melt
down mode but our shelter friends help keep her glued together - we
sure hope you can come, Miss Lynne did another stained glass piece for
us to raffle - take a look it is all done <http://www.ferretfarm.org/>
Miss Mindy has it on the front page. Raffle tickets are $2.00 each or
3 for $5.00 you do not have to be here to win - Mum actually asked Miss
Lynne not to ship it to Naples just in case it is won by someone out of
state - Miss Lynne can ship it direct to the winner - sooooo go take a
look at the new stained glass piece Miss Lynne did - it is the best
one yet.

A reminder that the store site is gone for now, mum and Miss Mindy took
it down because it was costing more money than what was coming in - so
if you want something just email mum she will work it up for you and
get it sent - you can still get the IFC shirts too - just not though
the web site - use mums email address [log in to unmask]

All the notes are gone so I think I am done with this news this month
I hope you are all enjoying the warmer weather -

Until next month
Possum senior reporter - Suzie Q cub reporter gone to Rainbow Bridge

Newest Shelter Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0GEYL02fnU

Shelter Video
<http://www.kwflatbed.com/videos/ferretfarm.wmv>