From:
KiSta Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 00:03:37 -0400
Hi FML'ers,

We picked up the 29 surviving ferrets from the Loving Ferrets shelter,
which was raided this last Monday on Friday afternoon.  They're all in
better shape than I was expecting, which is good.

I am exhausted, after setting them all up in cages and giving them names,
cataloging them all, giving them Advantage (they were infested with fleas)
and nail trims.  They're all comfortably resting now, after EATING like
champs.  Vet visits for everyone to get their vaccinations will be
scheduled beginning next week, as well as for the 2 whole males to be
neutered.

Sorry this is a brief post, since I'm very tired.  I have to keep the
ferrets with us in our shelter for 14 days, per the SPCA Officer.  They
will be ready for adoption after that time.  We have the ferrets story on
our website, as well as horrific photos of the "Loving Ferrets" shelter at
the time of the confiscation.  Please be warned, they're very graphic and
brought me to tears.  Theres also a listing (pictures to come soon) of all
the ferrets that we picked up.

Thanks to everyone....

Kim & Stan
KiSta Ferret Rescue
www.kistaferret.com

Please help us help the ferrets by visiting Igive at
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=4030&mid=7501   We receive $2.00 for
every new person who signs on, and its totally free to help us.  Thank you
from the ferrets.