From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 20:10:21 +0000
Tuesday, I had two "incoming".  One male, one female.  Suppose to be one
year old.  And whole.  Sigh.

Turns out they are more like 5 or 6.  Female is very pregnant.  (I was told
they mate all the time)  Due in about 10 days.

To be honest, I hold no hope for the kits surviving.  But just in case, is
there any breeder out there in a drivable distance from Cleveland that have
litters due and wonderful mommies?  Just in case some do survive and she
rejects them.

I don't want a repeat of what happened to Itchy back in April.  That broke
my heart.  (Her only surviving kit, thanks to Brie Scarlet Gray's little
female is doing wonderful, Trooper Semper Fi)

I just want to have my bases covered just in case.  I am concentrating on
getting the female lots of good food, duck soup and such, I'll be happy if
she survives, any surviving kits would be a bonus.

Well time to do litter boxes.  Keep your fingers crossed folks.  This isn't
going to be an easy one.

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
Home of: Trooper Semper Fi, Melt Down II, and Peppy (the ferret that walks
like a drunken sailor)