From:
KiSta Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 08:04:23 -0500
Hi Everyone,

This will be very to the point, as the more I type/talk about it, the
madder I get, and my language tends to go downhill.  So, here goes:

Remember back in October when that shelter in Egg Harbor Township was
raided and we recieved the 29 ferrets?  The name of the shelter is Loving
Ferrets & Exotic Animal Rescue.  Earlier this week when I picked up the
Ferrets Annual at Petsmart to see if we were listed, I noticed they were,
too.  I've written to Fancy Publications, to let them know the situation,
but that just got me thinking, as I hadn't heard from the SPCA inspector
who we'd been working with during the siezure.  I called her, and she told
me that they'd been inspected again, this time by the Dept. of Fish, Game &
Wildlife.  Here in Jersey, the DFGW does the licensing of ferrets and other
exotic animals, and is responsible for shelters and petstores that adopt
or sell them.  The DFGW called and alerted Loving Ferrets that they were
coming, and according to the SPCA, they passed.  Who wouldn't with 24 hours
notice?  So, this means they will continue to take in animals from ferrets
and iguanas to wallabys.  And, let me tell you, the conditions that the
animals were in when they were seized were disgusting.

I had a petition with us last month at the AFA show in Pennsauken, and im
still planning on sending that in with my $100 license renewal, to let them
know that the ferret community is against them having their license renewed
at all.  If you'd like to call the DFGW, that wouldn't hurt either.  Their
number is 609-292-9591.

If you go to our website, you'll see the photos of the conditions the
ferrets were living.  They're not pretty.  www.kistaferret.com/rescue.html

I guess it just comes down to that $100 licensing fee being more important
than the animals welfare, since the SPCA inspector told me, that even if
the operator of Loving Ferrets is convicted of animal cruelty, the license
would "not necessarily" be revoked.

Disgustedly Yours,

Kim

Please help us help the ferrets by visiting Igive at
We receive $2.00 for every new person who signs on, and its totally free
to help us.  Thank you from the ferrets.