From:
Steven Possehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 1995 05:03:45 +0600
I just got my first ferret last week.  A black eyed white ferret name Taz.
And i have a short question...
He has this leather cigarette case that he really likes for some reason.  If
you pick it up, he'll run over to you, take it from you and hide it
somewhere.  When he has gotten it from someone, as he's running off with it,
he makes a sort of hissing sound.  It's not a cat hissing sound, more of a
nasal breathing sort of sound.  He ALWAYS makes this sound when he's got it,
and never at any other time.  He's not mad, i don't think( i gave him a bath
today, and he wasn't real happy about that, but he didn't make any noise)
I'm really curious what that sound means.  He doesn't make any other sound
except this one, and he only makes this sound when he's got something that
he's going to hide....(he's got a ball of yarn that he likes to string
around the house and i think he makes that sound when he's got the yarn too.)
Any ideas, anyone?  my email is [log in to unmask]