From:
Jeanne Carley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 12:43:33 -0500
Hello everyone,

In case you get any calls on this, I've received quite a few already, KYCY
in Corcord Ca reported on the radio this morning that ferrets are now legal
to import into California.  THIS IS NOT TRUE!  I called my local Captian of
DFG, Tom Belt, and he said he didn't know anything about it.  He called the
Fish and Game Commission and was told that, no, they still have to produce
the docuemnt and that the issue wouldn't even come up again until the
documents were completed.  I called Jan Goldsmith's office thinking that
perhaps the introduction of the resolution might have triggered this
confusion.  No, the resolution has not been introduced yet (I knew that they
were looking at perhaps 10 days to two weeks away but thought the way things
change up there maybe it had been introduced and had already gotten some
press).

In order to squelch rumors, if you get requests for information, please tell
folks that ferrets are still prohibited in California.

Thanks,

Jeanne