From:
Cindy Michou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2006 14:21:53 -0800
Here we go again!  Someone reads someone else's post and their fingers
start flying over the keyboard before their brain in fully engaged to
the meaning of the post.  I've seen it over and over again on the FML.
The post didn't get read carefully and a misunderstanding about meaning
occurs.  I propose that before someone responds to a post with a post,
that they take time to re-read it again, carefully.  If they still feel
the same way than go to bed and sleep on it, read it again the next day.
If you still feel strongly about it, then respond to that person
privately with your concerns.  Maybe you misunderstood something that
can be cleared up by that person.  If that doesn't work and you're still
unhappy than post for others input, but only after you've thought things
out and can do so objectively.

I found nothing to misunderstand in Kim's post.  Kim never said that
she doesn't test her rescues, I know better!  She was merely stating
her disappointment in preparing for the Monster Bash, making certain
purchases and having the Bash cancelled after spending the money for the
event.  Budgets are tight and she could have used the money for other
things at her shelter had she known that it was going to be canceled.
I'm sorry, I didn't find it that hard to understand.  But maybe I'M
missing something.  I hope that Kim can recoup some of her money by
selling the tests she doesn't need.

A little off subject here because I have noticed this as well,
criticizing shelter spending and/or how they are run.  If you were to
gave 10 different shelters, $500.00 each, they wouldn't spend it the
same way because each one has different priorities about their needs.
Just because they don't spend the money the way you may have, doesn't
make them wrong!  We're all different and it takes different people with
different talents to get things done.  Look what happens when we combine
our differences and talents, we can make a difference for the good of all
fuzzies.  That's what makes ferret people so GREAT!!  So please, can we
be a little more tolerant and take time to make sure that we understand
another persons point of view before we go off half cocked?

Hugs and Dooks,
Cindy and the gang at
Hiland Ferrets