From:
gregory cassarella <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 09:45:21 -0500
My opinion of the show is this: The Judge listened to the previous ferret
owners story completely.

He never listened to The Shelter Mom's story completely.

The judge is very obviously not an animal lover nor understands that the
ADOPTION of our precious ferrets are just as important as in human life.

****I don't know how many of you caught this very important evidence.....
the previous owner stated her daughters called the shelter weekly BUT......
at the end of the hearing the former mother CONTRADICTED that very
statement and made mension that just because they didn't call regularly;
that shouldn't allow the shelter to keep the ferrets for abandonment!!!!!
(very important key)

Also, you have to be dumber than a box of rocks to think that anyone---let
alone a shelter with major costs---would house your ferrets for free?????
I don't know about ya'll but last time I shopped it surely cost me $$$ for
my seven ferrets to eat and poop:)

The end result is this: the judge didn't like the shelter form but if he
had legal right and if he felt that the ferrets weren't abandoned then the
shelter wouldn't have won and been able to keep the babies.

Way to go Shelter Mom!!!  :)

Plashette and my wild seven