From:
Diane Burman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 18:38:58 -0400
This is a heartfelt thank you to SOS for two reasons.  First, I was
thrilled to learn that I was the lucky winner in the raffle prize drawing
a few weeks ago.  The amount of goodies crammed into one large litter box
was amazing.  There was everything from earwash, bedding, food, toys,
treats and *so* much more.  Not only were the ferrets and I thrilled but
my cats were as well for they promptly stole and devoured some of the
treats. <g>   As a small gesture of my appreciation to SOS I will be
donating some of these items back for the Fall raffle and also adding a
few new contributions of my own.

I am very grateful that such a caring organization as SOS exists.  I saw
first hand the enormous undertaking of the Christmas rescue.  I have also
seen first hand the ongoing medical care that some of these ferrets have
needed.  I personally was caring for two of the Christmas Rescue ferrets.
I used the past tense because one of them passed on last week after a
difficult battle with cardiomyopathy.  The vet and I were aggressive with
his treatment but the condition was just too advanced at the time it was
discovered.  Still...SOS was there to make sure that the Christmas ferrets
such as Mo continued to get any medical care that was necessary.

So, I will be forever indebted to SOS for the care and compassion this
organization showed and continues to show for ferrets in need and I am
more than happy to help in return by contributing to their next raffle.

Sincerely,
Diane Burman
(Diane & the gang)