From:
Nona Langley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 May 2011 01:33:18 -0700
Hi Shron

My Angus had a suprelorin implant put into him on March 24 and it
wasn't until end April/early May that I noticed his fur was growing
back. Now he has a beautiful coat but I don't know if it's because I'm
also giving him the oil from a daily capsule of Omega DHA or if it's
because of the implant :)

You can see the before & after photos here
<http://all-about-ferrets.net/another-update-on-angus-my-ferret-with-adrenal-problems>
I *think* I will have to get another implant put in after 12 months
but I might be wrong. If I need to see my vet any time soon (I hope it
won't be necessary though ;)) I'll ask her how long the implant is for
and let you know.

The people I get my ferret supplements from told me about the Omega
DHA so I ordered a bottle to give to my 2 oldies. Apparently medical
studies have shown that high doses of DHA can shrink certain tumours
in mice so I thought I'd give it a go.

Having adrenal disease didn't slow Angus down at all - he's always
been full of beans and doing his weasel wardance every morning like a
mad thing. However Seamus, who's also only 5 years old, is blind from
glaucoma and has been acting like a very old man for the past few
months. After having the fish oil for a week he perked up immensely and
actually plays with the youngsters every morning instead of sleeping
all the time. It certainly has done wonders for him so I'm very happy
with his progress :)

Good luck with the implants for your two!

Cheers

Nona
Website: http://www.all-about-ferrets.com/
Blog: http://all-about-ferrets.net/