From:
Erin Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 23:33:28 -0600
How much pedialyte should I give to my ferrets?  I went over today to visit
and noticed that they look a little dehydrated.  The heat vent is about 2
feet away from the cage and every once in awhile my stupid brother turns on
the gas fireplace and leaves it on at night, they suck down that 1 gallon
water bottle REAL fast and in the morning are all sprawled out everywhere.
Their noses aren't very wet and their coats look a little dry, so I wanna
get them a little hydrated.  Just wondering how much to give.

Also, the little guy Houdini, his shoulders are getting a little hair
loss now.  Poor thing.  I hope he doesn't get adrenal.  I would just go
to pieces!  He was my first baby.  The most lovable, gives French kisses
(though we tell him not to) and cheek kisses and has been active even when
he got soo sick a little while back.  I would just hate to lose him.
Should I bring him to the vet?  He's just getting a little thin, dont know
if it's a coat change or not, he's getting a little bald on his throat too.
I know this guy sheds like crazy so I don't know if it's just a coat change.

Also, I'm currently in the process of cutting out the pieces for those
quilts, still looking for that SOS list so I can have someone to donate to
once I get this auctioned off.  I already wrote down some of the ones that
have asked for help on here and plus my own local ones.  But I know that
these quilts will fetch a lot and would like to help as many people and
fuzzies as I can.  So if someone could get that to me, that would be great.

Hug and kiss those fuzz!  I miss mine every day and I know they miss me.
I'm sorry for everyone's losses, it makes me cry all the time because I
know that I too will soon be faced with a loss or two.  I think you get
more attached to these guys than you do most other pets.  (I'm sorry to
hear about the lost iguana, poor thing, I loved my iguana too but she hated
me, had to give her up cause she kept beating everyone with her tail so no
one could catch her when she got loose).  I hope you will all be as nice to
me when I lose one of my babies too.

Erin Larson
The fantastic Five
(Houdini, Spunky, TeddyBear, Sylvester, and Panda(fat boy))
And the threesome cats
(Pipsqueak, Missy, and Hootie)
The blubbering blob
(Miss fat Shadow dog)