From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:16:07 -0700
Hi All,

I used to rescue Ferrets (for about 10 years).  My daughter fell in love
with an x-racing Greyhound.  The Grey was 4 years old.  She was a winning
race dog till she broke her leg.  Anyway, I already had personal ferrets
and rescue ferrets.  We brought Tigger home.  At first she was interested
but after we told her NO one time she would run from the ferrets.  She
was so eager to please us that she would not let the ferrets close to
her.  I will warn you however, Greys are sight dogs, so it may take you
more training then it did for us.  But, you would think a x-racing Grey
would want to chase everything in its path and need a lot of exercise.
We barely got Tigger off the couch.  What a bum!  My husband used to
call her the 40 m.p.h. couch potato.

As with any animal and ferrets (even another ferret) watch them closely.
Every minute they are together.  Tigger (the Grey) had to be put down
when she was 13 and lived all those years with the ferrets with
absolutely no problem.  Now, my schnauzer thought she should play
with the ferrets until the ferrets showed her who is boss!  LOL.

Good luck.

[DC]