From:
Tatia Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 16:14:04 -0500
Hey, I just read the post by Chris & Tara Palaski from the July 3 digest and
it gave me a thought (whoa...the synapses are tingling here).

There is a greyhound race track near me and when the dogs are too old or
unable to race any longer, but still healthy, they are adopted to homes as
companion pets.  The new owner must agree that they will have the animal
altered (no breeding allowed) and I believe there is a small adoption fee
(maybe $50...or so).

Perhaps something like this could be worked out with MF and their "retiring"
breeder ferrets.  I believe that there is enough love out here in the FML
community to make something like this work.

I am generally not following the MF debate, but that post caught my eye.
BTW, my youngest male (Spanky) is a MF and brought what we believe was ECE
into our home when we got him.  My oldest (Princess) got it and it killed
her.  My other young male (Harpo), who is only about a month older than
Spanky, had a day of lethargy, vomited once and had some green poop - and
then was fine.

Anybody else out there bring home a MF baby with ECE?  I feel certain that's
what it was as Princess was otherwise extremely healthy and about 5 years
old.  Send me a private email - or post to the list.

Thanks,
Tatia Johnson