From:
Lesley Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2013 15:44:02 -0400
You are correct, people can definitely get poison ivy from ferrets'
coats. My boys used to go camping with us all the time and I would
tether them to an elevated run line so that they had a large free
range area. I always made sure it was in a lot of vegetation for their
enjoyment. Well, I got a VERY bad case of poison ivy on my face and
LIPS. How did I get this? Kissing the boys, of course! They didn't get
it at all and have never been affected by any of the plants. I believe
they may be immune to the oils, just like some people. Fire ants and
Assassin Bugs are a different story :)

Lesley