From:
"Paul L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 1996 14:43:47 -0800
Greetings from Seattle!

We've have the flea battle around here and have come up with a really good
solution to the excess chemical problem.  We were warned that too much
shampooing (even with organics) is not good for the skin of our little pals
and we, also didn't want to go with heavy chemical flea bombs and all the
other products out there.  So we went with a product called FLEAGO (FLEAGO
Industries, Naples, FLA 33963) that uses Sodium Tetraborate Decahydrate
which is, as I understand it, a mineral salt that dehydrates the fleas so
they die.  It is sprinkled onto the carpet and worked in with a broom and
then vacumed up.  The residue deep inside the carpet continues to kill any
new fleas for up to a year!  You do have to wait a week or three for all the
fleas to be dead but after that there tends not to be a problem.  Even if
someone brings in some fleas they will all be dead within a few days.  You
can also purchase a similar product at Petco.  Their house brand is PetGold.
There are also two other products that use the same kinds of ingredients
(mineral salts): "De-Lime"Inator by Hansens 1-800-HPS-5735 and BIO Flea
Halt!  Powder by Farnam Pet Products, P.O.  Box 34820, Phoenix, AZ.  Be sure
to follow directions closely!

Hope this helps.

Paul,Flip,Rosie

      "The tide is turning...the enemy is suffering terrible losses..."
                                                -- Gen. Geo. A. Custer