From:
"Sue M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 02:50:15 +0000
Well, I did some calling around today and found out that a couple of the pet
stores in Grand Forks, about 90 miles away, do actually carry ferrets.

I wanted to get one from a shelter or a breeder, but I'm stuck with the "you
can't get here from there" curse of Devils Lake (one airline comes in, and
from only one place I think *L*) and given the season, I really can't put a
fuzzy through a trip like that.  Would drive (even talked to a friend who
likes to do road trips *g*), but it's just not going to happen:( I can make
it to Grand Forks and back (positive thinking).

However, they are MF babies, both places told me they're about 7 weeks.
Aside from the usual, (solid poop, not deformed, etc.) is there anything I
should be looking out for.  I've never bought from a pet store before (my
first little kid was from a breeder).  There are several in at the one
place, and the other is expecting some in this week.  I'm going to be going
to the second place when I go...they were both friendlier on the phone, and
the woman I talked to talked about them a bit....made me feel better about
that place.  Are there any opinions if it's better to get a kit soon after
getting to the pet store (the soonest would be they would get in on
Thursday, and I could go down on Sat.) or better to wait?

*bounce*

Good thing is I'm home every day, most of the day, so I can watch a new
furball for signs of anything.

I also need to find Rocky a new toy:P Poor guy doesn't play with any of the
balls or chewtoys I've gotten him, doesn't seem to care for squeekies
either.  He DID love the little plastic tube that DMC thread (not the
embroidery thread) is wound around, would chase that all over and chew on
it.  He broke the two that I had and so I took the halves away.

There..."you know you love your ferret when you buy thread you don't need
and unwind it from the tube just so you ferret can have a toy" *L*

Dooks

Sue, Rosa, & Rocky