From:
Leilah Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 07:45:18 EST
In regard to caging your ferrets - I am grateful that I have gotten
myself and my babies into the 'habit'.  I have a large house with many
adventurous places for my 6 lovies to explore.  But I must say that last
year I had a severe house fire and before the fire department was called I
directed my daughter to " Get the ferrets, cats, and dog" out of the house
and go to our special place.  She was able to scoop out the ferrets from
their condo and put them into a cage in the garage.  This saved their
lives.  They were out of the mess and not inhaling noxious fumes and, by
the way, made a tremendous hit with the Holland Fire Department!

My little ones have full run of the house when I'm home but when they get
tired or bored, or when I'm not home, I cage them.  After their morning
adventures of stealing my shoes, tipping over every waste basket in the
house, unmaking my bed and everything they can possibly do to freak me
out; I squeak their toy and announce raisins!  They all come running to
the condo to get their treats.  Just make sure that you have control and
know where you babies are at all times!

Leilah