From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2010 22:49:13 -0500
After Mornie's death we added Orville to our family. This young ferret
has an unusual preference. He has claimed one of the large carriers for
his nighttime sleeping so now that is his night sleeping place instead
of the large cage. He's a real denning boy and immediately settles into
the hammock in there and nods off. (Yes, we put in food, water, and a
litter pot, as well as a toy.)

The other 2 think he is nuts. They like to have more room at night.

Before we did this he used to go to the bathroom in all sorts of
inappropriate places in the large cage, but as soon as he had a secure
place to settle in he developed perfect litter pot manners. He just
seems to want to have a snug place all his own to sleep at night, and
gets upset if almost accidently put in the large cage. He points us
right up to his little nook which sits atop the large cage. The others
don't beat him up; he is stronger than they are and larger than them,
but he is a sensitive scaredy cat.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/