Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:55:35 EST
A friend of mine just sent this to me, I thought you guys would get a
kick out of it.....I am NOT getting religious and I did NOT write this,
I just thought it was kind of cool :D :

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend by the name of Common
Sense who has been with us for many years.

No one knows for sure how old he is since his birth records were long ago
lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such value lessons as knowing
when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm and
that life isn't always fair.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound policies (don't spend more than
you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not kids, are in
charge).

His health began the rapidly deteriorate when well intentioned but
overbearing regulations were set in place.

Reports of a six-year old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing
a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch;
and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his
condition.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental
permission to administer aspirin to a student; but, could not inform
the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted and abortion.

Finally, Common Sense lost the will to live as churches became
businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense finally gave up the ghost after a woman failed to realize
that a steaming cup of coffee was hot, she spilled a bit in her lap, and
was awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his
wife, Discretion, his daughter, Responsibility; and his son Reason.

He is survived by two step brothers; My Rights and Ima Whiner.

Not many attended his funeral because few realized he was gone.

Enjoy and Dooks!!!
Lisa and the Diabolical Dozen

[Moderator's note: Clearly, if I had any common sense left I wouldn't
let this post through.  Somehow perhaps there's a wee shade of relevance
since we've been discussing personal responsibility in giving up ferrets
and such.  Followups to http://www.stellawards.com/  please.   BIG]