From:
"Michael R. Butz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 16:39:05 -0600
Thought that would be a catchy subject heading to disguise one of the most
frequently asked questions on the FML (second to biting, of course!).  I
have a new ferret, Woozle, who's a male about two months old.  He's a big
boy, full of energy and very sweet.  I have two litter pans in the cage
(three story wire cage) which are both used by my other, older, female
ferret Cinder at all times...she never misses.  Woozle, however, refuses (!)
to go in the little boxes but prefers to poop on the wire cage floor right
*next to* the boxes!  This CAN'T BE STOPPED by anything I've done, and as a
result I get mad at him and that's never any good!  (Plus I have to clean
that damn cage in the bathtub every weekend!) I've tried to put him in the
box as soon as I see him backing into the corner, and to reward him with a
raisin, but it just doesn't work.  I've also smeared bitter apple on the
cage floor...to no avail.

Help dig me out from this mountain of crap!!!!  Thanks!!

--michael, woozle, and cinder
Michael R. Butz
Biomedical Research Technician
Neuroendocrine Research Laboratory