From:
Kathy Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 01:47:17 EDT
Two weeks ago I bought a 4 month old MF ferret from a pet store (Yeah, yeah,
yeah, I know!) and I know what the usual shot series for distemper should
be, but I need some help with the specifics of this situation.

We all know that MF ferrets get a shot before leaving MF.  (She apparently
was born the week of 3/29-4/4.  That would put the shot somewhere around
May 9th, assuming she got the vaccination at appr.  5 weeks old.) And the
information that I got from the pet store says that she (Sproing) got
another distemper shot on June 6th apparently given in the store by a
district manager along with a rabies vaccination.  The last time I spoke
with someone at the store they couldn't/wouldn't give me any more
information than that.  I will try to talk to them again and see if I can
get any more specific information (what vaccines, the name of the person
who gave them).

That puts her just over 4 weeks late for her third distemper shot, none of
which I have any _real_ documentation of.  Is it too late to just get her
one more booster and hope she's covered?  I know that if I want her to
totally covered I should have her get the two shot series, but that gets me
concerned about over vaccinating her.  I'd also like to bring her to the LOS
National show in October and I know that I'll need some kind of "official"
documentation before then.  Hopefully I can get some more info out of the
pet store because I would hate to risk over vaccinating her just to get her
into the show.  If that becomes the choice I'll just leave her home, but
I'd like to sort out who's getting entered for what fairly soon.

Thanks a lot for all your help.  And please reply to me personally at
[log in to unmask] since I'm about a week behind in my FMLing.  Unless of
course you wish to berate me about buying petstore/MF ferret.  That'll all
just be ignored by me, so don't even bother.

Thanks again
Kathy
Felix (I don't really like her, but I guess I can forgive you for bringing
her home.)
Mazie (I'm #2 around here!)
Sproing (Why do they keep beating me up?)