From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:44:30 -0800
Dear All,
I was so, and have always been, very private and stoic about my losses,
and cynical about Sandee.

Then one night I lost my Romeo, son of my Rocky.  Visitors can view him;
he's the gorgeous boy in my clock on the wall, in my shelter.

Romeo was a huge, solid, snowy white, long haired hob.  He had a
notorious black plastic stick on nose!!!  He was 12 yrs when he died.

I posted on my couple boards.  I cried with friends.  Then I found myself
for the first time writing Sandee.

I felt stupid when I was writing her, but I just needed to write what
might be my Romeo's and even very precious, Rocky's guardian angel.  I
cried when I wrote to Sandee at the FML, and I sobbed when I read my
very own post the next morning.

I'm stupid.  I'm a moron.  I wrote an imaginary ferret in Heaven and
asked her to watch for my baby....stupid me...it made me feel better...
the tears didn't taste as tart.  I saved that post and her answer, and
when I need a reason to cry and can't pump it up...I visit that personal
archive.

Thank you Sandee for being there.  It was quite some time ago, but like
only yesterday to me.

You are what you are; a black and white, literary emotional icon for us
grieving on the FML.  Worked for me, and still does.  Thanks.

Barb Clay
Dir of Rocky's Ferret Rescue and Shelter
832C Falls Rd, Parkton, Md. 21120
www.rockysferrets.com