From:
Bonnie Tormohlen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2013 14:25:12 -0700
According to the current edition of Exotic Animal Formulary,
pp 564-565: Oral dose every 30 days is 0.05mg/kg for heartworm
prevention (Ref. Brown and Hillyer in Saunders Manual of Small
Animal Practice 1994)

0.055mg/per ferret of Heartgard-use small cat dose for heartworm
preventative (Same ref. listed)

0.4mg/kg orally or subq for ear mites and ticks, repeat in 14-28 days
(Same ref. listed plus Rosenthal in Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract
1994)

0.5-1mg/kg in ears, repeat in 14 days. For ear mite treatment, half
dose in each ear. (Ref. Brown and Hillyer plus Brown in Exotic
Formulary-Ferret Drug Doses 1999).

Sounds like a lot of variation to me, and I haven't trusted Ivermectin
since my German Shepard died after getting an injection of this stuff
for demodecosis back in 2005.

Contrary to what someone else submitted, Revolution (Selamectin) does
treat ticks in dogs. Revolution has also been proven safe in ferrets
in a 2007 study of off-label use. I have shared this link with others,
here it is for all
http://www.jarvm.com/articles/Vol5Iss3/Beck%2087-96.pdf

There has been some talk about Selamectin becoming refractive, I
haven't personally found this to be true. I purchase the large dog
size vials, transfer the medication to a Boston round and measure
out doses with a 1mL syringe, and have done so for my dogs, cats and
ferrets without adverse issues since 2006.

Your mileage may vary.

Bonnie Tormohlen
Managing Director
Northern Arizona Ferret Alliance & Rescue, Inc