From:
vickie sipple <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2011 03:37:37 -0800
When Spirit lost the rest of her fur it was after her surgery for
andrenal. I was told by a so called ferret expert that it should only
take a couple months for her new fur to grow back, that they have never
had a ferrt take a long time after. Well they were wrong, while it
took Spirit 1 yr and 4 months, it took Stormy 2 months and Stormy is
on oral melatonin. It's another case of each ferret is different. Some
will regrow fast and some take there time. You just have to have alot
of patients. I was also told by a good friend of mine who had a degree
in the care and welfare of ferrets not to automatically jump the gun
when a ferret starts to lose fur, that it's not always andrenal
disease. Unfortunatly he passed away a couple yrs ago. But during all
the yrs I new him he was always right on when it came to ferrets and
there health an welfare. He also had owned 50 ferrets. I still miss
him to this day but his words and advice is still with me. And he was
the one who got me started on the oral melatoin.