From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 12:00:21 -0600
Here's an easy recipe that all ours enjoy.

1 can Science Diet A/D
Equivalent Pedialyte (generic is fine)
1 jar Banana baby food (optional)
Sprinkle Brewers Yeast (Health food store)
1/8-1/4 finely ground regular hard food (optional)

Mix well.  Warm in microwave.  Stir with finger to check for hot spots.  Dip
finger in mixture and smear on gums several times.  May be platter, spoon,
or syringe (no needle) fed.  If syringe fed drip gently and slowly at side
of mouth.  Feed a total of 60-90 cc's per day per pound of ferret divided
into 3-6 feedings.  They can eat as much over as they like.  Refrigerate
remainder and warm before each serving.  Don't forget to stir with your
finger to check for hot spots.

I have several more recipes if anyone is interested. Some quite extensive.

Ferrets go down very quickly.  Please act quickly.
----------

Well Kadie is doing well.  3-5 days of diarrhea and she is up and running.
Doc came in Friday night, a man showed up with him at my door and was
leaving town so.... Anyway he is an 8 month old albino boy, full of vim and
vigor till Sunday.  Broke with diarrhea and vomiting.  Peach syrup took care
of the vomiting and kaopectate for the diarrhea.  Back up and running on
Monday.  Still has pudding like stools but is doing much better.  To those
shelters that experience the "week" ECE - does this sound like it?

So far the Kaopectate 3-4 times a day, every 4 hour feedings and amoxi seems
to be taking care of things.

While I feel bad about exposing these little ones I can't tell you how
wonderful it feels to have "new" little ones in our home.  Doc has made
friends with everyone.  He dooks and plays and brightens their days.  The
others are more active.  Kadie, on the other hand, has a couple enemies
(seems like the girls do) but she is doing well and fattening up.

We did have to try it sometime so now we know.  Hopefully in June we'll
be clean.

Comanche goes in for adrenal surgery on Thursday.  Please keep him in your
thoughts and prayers.

Condolences to all who have lost loved ones.

Hugs and love to all.  tle