From:
Steven Woodcock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 01:13:12 -0600
Hello All:

Our newest addition to the family, Splinter, just underwent adrenal surgery
at the age of 6.  He was in very good health overall so we didn't consider
age to be an issue, and our vet has always felt that removal of the bad
adrenal is good for at least 2 solid years of additional good health.

There were no problems of any kind with the surgery and Splinter is now
recovering nicely.  With his surgery, we now have only ONE ferret who has
yet to join the "zipper club"...Mica, our youngest female.  Needless to say
we'll be setting aside $200 or so for her just in case....

There was one unusual aspect to Splinter's surgery.  His left adrenal was
the one that was cancerous, and it was ENORMOUS....our vet had never seen
one that big.  Normally the size of a sesame seed, Splinter's was the size
of a large pea...close to 1/3 of inch (about 1 centimeter) across.  She was
so impressed that she actually preserved it for us...it's sitting here on
the computer desk next to me.

Anyway, just thought we'd update everybody on the Wyrdhaven Weasels.

Steve and Colleen
Continually Matching Wits with Minx, Puck, Taz, Scamp, Rosie, Mica, and
Splinter
Waiting on the Other Side: Ripple, Missy, Zebulon Pike, Slinky, Ranger, and
Newone