From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 14:05:31 EST
Not a blast from the past, and not new to my friends, but new to the FML.

GROSS!  I was sweatin', and workin', when my 15 year old son, Chet,
called, "Moooooooooooooooom, commere, you have to see something" in a
dreadful sort of way from the ferret room.  I lost my temper at the
interruption and told poor Chet that I was busy, and if there was
anything bad in the ferret room to just please go on and describe it
to me.  He tried to describe a bit of mess, and I thought to myself,
"oh that doesn't really sound thaaaaaaat bad".  Unusual, yes, but not
terrible, ya know?  So I went to go take a look since it sounded a bit
unusual.  Then I saw exactly why he wanted me to look.  That BLACKY!
I knooow it had to be him.  We never had this sort of thing beeeeefore
he lived with us.  Now I find things like this all too common!

I looked in the room only to find poop ... actual poop, and liter strewn
all over in front of and near the liter pans by the door.  Then Chet
could not keep the "haha's in" as he saw the look on my face when I got
a gander at the foot prints .... emaculately running from the door and
liter pans and forming huge circles around the room, on towards the cage
and back again before dissappearing.  I could have taken a photo of the
prints, and made a computer graphic out of them they were so perfect.
YUUUUUCK!  What the hell?!  Ya know?  I know it was that Blacky.  What
ails him?  And I know it was him because he is the only one here with
feet that huge.  He is the only one that is so spazy and gets so excited
that he plops into dirty liter pans without a care while he is running
and jumping about.  He laughs the whole time too (the whispy "he-he's"
that ferrets do).  He is the only one that will actually go into and
dig in a bag of scooped poop while I"m cleaning pans.  I mean my Dippy
is bad .... she'll go as far as opening the bag, peeking into it, and
then sniff it.  She is a poop sniffer, yes, this is true.  But touch it?
Never.  She gets millimeters from it, looking like she is touching it,
and inhales the essences, but she never does not touch it.  She has even
gone as far as making a mess by digging a hole in the plastic bag of
scooped poop or digging at the uncontaminated pellets next to the poop
(makes quite a mess too).  But Blacky?  He actually gets innnnnnto it
and loves it.  I've never seen a ferret do that.

Now, the real woman in me, would have confronted my husband, Scott (who
insisted on buying this creature last year and bringing "it" home), upon
comming home from work with a scruffed ferret dangling in front of his
face and should have said, "take it".  The real woman in me would have
demanded that he clean up that entire mess down there too.  But then I
began thinking.  Oooooh God, what if someone came in there and saaaaw it
before he got home.  What if a leak sprang near there and a service guy
came in, what if I fell in there and couldn't "get up" (help, I've fallen
in poop and cant' get up lol), what if there was a little fire, what if,
what if, what if!  Whats more, the other ferrets could not move!  The
poor things stood at the other end of the room staring with horrified
looks on their faces.  So I had to clean it ... every stinkin' bit of
it.  I should of videotaped the mess and shown him!  Damn I just figured
that out.  At least I woulda had that.  Oh well, it's too late.  Ferrets
do have a way of taking the real woman out of you ... I must go and beat
and my teeanager for laughing at me...

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com