From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 06:06:58 -0400
>From:    Leah Moses <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Cold/Flu
>On the 13th someone wrote regarding getting a cold/flu from their ferrets.
>My question is whether or not this is really the influenza virus.

If you are asking in general, yes, the same influenza virus can affect both
ferrets and humans.  We believe we've heard the same rhinovirus that causes
the common cold is also shared.  If we are incorrect we would like to know.

Antibiotic treatment for the cold or flu in ferrets and people is to help
with secondary bacterial infections.

>From:    Kristeen Kohrs <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: toe tattoos survey

If what we've been told is correct by a representative of marshall Farms,
the location of the extra "toe" dot depends upon the technicians performing
the procedures.  So it should very a bit by date - only in that different
techs probably work at different times though in the long run it might not
be something you can tell due to the vagaries of how fast kits get from
Marshall to the pet stores and then sold.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets