From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 09:16:55 -0600
Way to go.  The whole idea is to educate the public and what better way
than to start at the beginning of the chain rather than the middle when
they end up at the shelter.

I am finding here in our area, we have those who are anti against the
Marshall Farms, the petstores AND the private breeders - reason is cause
there are too many in the shelters..............well, da, if everyone
stops producing, after 6 to 8 years, where will we be.  There will always
be homeless ferrets and need for shelters cause no matter how much you
educate, there are those who grow tired of the pet, or move where they
can't take em, or get sick themselves where they can't care for them.  Plus
those who get lost and the owners never find them.  A pet store may not be
the best source but many many a wonderful ferret home started out by their
first ferret from a petstore (I did, and I think I provide a wonderful
home, mine have free roam of 4 rooms, get a yard all to themselve for 1
hour of digging everyday and are fed nothing but TF - how I ended with 6
from that first purchase of one, I don't know).

You are doing far more wonders by this positive action than you could have
ever done boycotting the place.

Wish we had more like you everywhere (how fast can you "multiply")

Millie and her dirt flinging, mud rolling, tunneling noble cleaning crew