Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 23:14:00 EDT
I will not have much time this weekend to write to any of you as I am
promised to my neighbor Jim.  Jim has severe grand mal seizures and quite a
learning disability.  We are going to the vets for his cat, and running his
other errands  Then I am taking him to the arboretum and the museum..

Jim is the neighbor I help keep an eye on.  But this is going to be a
weekend thing.  You see-Jim saved Chewy a few months ago.  I promised him
I would make some time to be especially nice to him in return.

Chewy snuck out on a Saturday morning, and I went to work ignorant as to
the crisis.  I was gone until after 5 p.m.  Chewy apparently went right up
to Jim's door and scratched until Jim let him in.

He then walked up to the sick cat Jim saved and scared the crud out of the
poor thing.  Having gained control of the field, Chewy then ate cheap cat
food, drank tap water, and pooped in the cats litter box.  He snuggled down
where ever he wished and followed Jim around a great deal.

Jim was pretty shaken up-unsure of what to do.  He had a serious crush on
me for a long time and kept trying to touch or kiss me.  I am so glad now
that I did not sock him one.

I just kept backing away and telling him that I was very old: old enough
to be his mother.  I sometimes limp around a little 'cause a that infernal
rheumatism I got me when I see him, and always tell him how tired I am now
that I am old.

Now when I see him, and remind him to give the cat his medicine, or brush
him, or play with him, He says "yes mother"!!.  :-)

What can I do??  He is actually a most kind person.  and has most likely
saved the life of my smallest ferret.

He just better not try to kiss me again.  I don't want no spit on me
dentures.

Lisette