From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 1996 08:19:46 -0500
It's not that it's a stupid question, it's more likely no one has an answer.

Let's face it - in the States we're conditioned to feed prepared package
food.  I read an article recently in an Australian newsletter where they
feed their ferrets not only mince meat, but raw chickens, rabbits, lamb, -
bones and all.

This goes against everything we've been taught, yet their ferrets are
apparently doing fine on this diet.

We make a face when we read labels that say "contains chicken by-parts" we
know those by-parts can be feet, beaks, heads, feathers, etc, but let's face
it - if you've ever watched a nature program on TV, you know that animals
eat all that stuff on fresh kills - and again, in the wild, weasels,
polecats, etc eat rabbits, small birds, rodents, etc.......

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA
Rochester, NY