From:
Debra Sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2008 10:56:46 -0500
I have operatated a ferret specific rescue for 10 years now. Why do
some rescue operators feel it is their duty to slam, critisize and
flame another rescue operator just because the one doesn't have the
same beliefs as the other.

For the past couple of years I have been ATTACKED by one particular
rescue operator because I use herbs mostley than prescription drugs.
I've shared my herbal information and experiances using herbs with
others privately and publically on many yahoo bourds only to be
slammed, flammed and threatened by this person. She has even gone so
far as to threaten to have my rescue closed down as she says I abuse
and neglect the ferrets in my care. All of which is UNTRUE.

Now this person doesn't know me except for reading my posts on the net,
as a matter of fact, we live at opposite ends of the country and we
have never met each other.

to ALL,

If I read of a person asking for help because the prescription drugs
aren't helping, I will suggest a particular herb but will ask them to
discuss the herbal treatment first with their vet before trying it to
make sure it will not cause an adverse effect with the medications
their ferret may already be on. I have at least 5 Herbal books, both
copies of "Ferrets, Rabits and Rodents", both copies of "Ferrets for
Dummies", th ferret medical book written by Dr James Fox and the books
"PDR of Herbal Medicine and for prescription drugs". I usually only
suggest the herbs I have used and have had good luck with but am
willing to look up other ones and give the uses and caustions
associated with them.

I have an herbal recipe that has helped many owners and their ferrets
across the US and had even gotten a request from a VET who belongs to
a few of the yahoo groups for this recipe to use on THEIR own ferret.
This particular rescue opperator has gone so far as to publicaly post
and privately e-mail people NOT to listen to me as my suggestions will
only cause harm and possibly KILL ther ferrets. I have people who have
tried and used the herbs I have suggested who are willing to contact
others and share their experiances.

If feel that I've been helping many people (As that is what they have
told me.) that have had no where else to turn as I've NEVER gotten an
e-mail or RE: post or e-mail yelling at me saying my advise has killed
or harmed their ferret. The responces I've recieved have either said
THANK YOU my advise worked or realy didn't help much but thank you
anyway.

Now I ask am asking everyone on this list, short of not posting at all
and crawling under a rock, What do I do to get this rescue operator
to back OFF and STOP slandering and flaming me?? I want to continue
helping ferret parrents, but this prson is making it very difficult
do do so with her nasty slanderous and flaming remarks. I have never
claimed to be "a know it all" but in the same respect I'm NOT stupid or
uneducated. (Although my spelling may not be that great. LOL Which I
have also been slammed for.)

And NO, I don't want cheese with my wine as I don't feel I'm whining,
just seeking help with this sittuation. Just looking for sme advise
to STO this person from trying to ruin my reputation as a PERSON and
Rescue owner.

Debi