Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:19:31 -0600
I have been skimming the rice versus corn thing, waiting for someone
brilliant to come to a sensible conclusion for the rest of us.  I, too,
found the contradiction that Julie Dowdy and Linda Iroff spoke of; I was
confused and concerned, as I feed Iams Adult.  I even printed these
contradictions for further reading.

This morning, some bells went off in my head (finally), and I thought about
the changes in Fang's feeding habits lately: this is relevant, so stay
with me here: Following his insulinoma surgery Feb.16, I have had him on
Gerber's Chicken until I quit procrastinating making Bob's Gravy.  He
always has a dish of Iams available, as he was raised on Iams.  I have
noticed that lately he eats much less kibble, but attributed it to the
fact that he is one spoiled weanie, and is holding out for the Gerber's.
(He gets Gerber's in the morning, and in the evening, right before his
pediapred dosage.)  I have noticed that he doesn't even like to eat his
Iams during the night while he is caged.  He has ALWAYS eaten his kibble
during the night..even after we started him on Gerbers...until this last
bag of Iams!!  So this morning, when the bells rang, I went out to the
trash and emptied the barrels (for you city people, we live in the boonies
in the mountains, and use barrels with lids until all four are full; then
off to the dump lizzi goes).  I had bought this last bag some time ago, but
found it at the very bottom (of course) of a barrel.  Sure enough, there
was the corn listed as the second ingredient!  That might explain why Fang
is not eating anywhere near the amount of it he used to!  He doesn't like
it!  Now I have no more excuses to put off the dreaded hour from Hell
making my first batch of Bob's Gravy.  The cost of Gerber's is draining my
checkbook.  BTW, I had purchased this bag at the specialty store before it
came out in Wal Mart...had no idea at that time of the change.  It is
interesting to me how they can still have that big gold colored rectangle
on the bag that screams*ORIGINAL FORMULA* ; It is an outright lie.
Actually false advertising.

Slowly catching up on everybody's stuff here...wish I had acknowledged
every passing and sorrow; I think it was a case of ignorance is bliss while
I was behind in the FML..Now I am haunted by the suffering of Scooby and
the others who have passed in less than peaceful ways.  A big hug enclosed
here for little LG, who doesn't know she has cancer, and my love to all of
you who are sad.  One of the hardest lessons I have learned is the life
isn't fair.The bad dudes ( people I have known) live on, and the good ones
die young.

Read Bob's post today, and feel silly if he has been back in Missouri all
this time I have been expecting him at my door.  We don't answer Anon.
calls on our caller ID box, so maybe one of those was Bob...

Happy Tails,
lizzi and Fang ("no, I won't try the Eukanuba Kitten that you spent a
lot of money on, and drove 75 miles to find, and what did you do to my
Iams??)