From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 13:08:14 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

Every year I go to big spring flower shows.  This year, I met a lady
named Sue at one (I forget which one, Providence, Worcester, or Boston).
She was a vendor with a stall, and describes herself as "Chief cook and
bottle washer" of a company she has started up called Silhouettes
Unlimited.

She sells very nicely made metal shadow cut-outs, or black silhouettes of
animals that can hang independently like Christmas balls (Hangamuls), or
that have rods welded to the bottom of them that lets you put them into
garden dirt outside (Planter Pals, Garden Shadows).  She even has ferret
business card holders, very cute.

She sells more than 100 different types of dog silhouettes, but what
caught my husband's eye were the FERRET ones.  They are beautifully made,
don't look like cheapo jobbies that will just fall apart right away.
They are very obviously ferrets, not otters, not vaguely ferret-like.
These are FERRETS.

They can even be custom ordered with plaques that say anything you want,
if you wanted to use them like memorials.  There is an option to buy an
accessory that is a single wing that could be attached to memorials.

I am assuming that for enough cash, she could make you a ferret anything,
even a weathervane, which she attaches the hundred plus types of dogs to.

Here is how to reach Sue-

Silhouette's Unlimited
39 Gillies Lane
Norwalk, CT.
Tel. (203) 857-4998

She knows me as "the ferret lady." She is not always easy to reach
because she travels so much, but she did return my phone call, and
politely spent ten minutes being grilled about her little brochure.
She would loooove to sell you ferret stuff.  I have never done any
business with her personally, but I can say that having handled some
of her stuff at the flower show, it really isn't junky.  The welds
look good, the metal isn't flimsy, etc.

I told her that I would post this to the FML (once I explained what it
was, and that there were ferret maniacs out there), and she'd really
like to hear from you.  She's now thinking about doing a ferrets-only
brochure.  "Hurry", I said.  And nope, I don't get a cut.  Dang.
Should have worked that in, somehow.

Alexandra in Massachusetts