From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 12:48:35 -0700
I've had horrid luck trying to find the "vet" who told me that horrible
story about PJ's.  For the time being, I regretfully must withdraw my
accusations due to lack of proof.  I'll repost with detail once I do find
him and get the whole story.

I can, however, safely stand behind everything else I've said about this
pet store.

They had dead fish floating in the tanks, Large dogs in glass-fronted cages
hardly large enough for them to lay down in, Tagus (forgive my spelling,
it's a lizard) in an aquarium way to tiny for him, Iguanas sporting tiny red
welts, staff that told me that IAMS kitten food was damaging to a ferrets
digestive track and stomach lining, baby fuzzies in filth ridden cages and
woodchips in various animal cages.

I've been accused of having a grudge aagainst PJ's.  Yeah, I do and it's a
grudge that I carry to almost all pet stores.  Animals don't belong in a
pile of wood shavings, behind glass, in little tiny cages.  I try my hardest
to not support any pet store.  I've only supported one and they have an
exceptional staff and the cleanest cages I've ever seen.  No woodchips.

I *strongly* urge you to check your pet store out.  You have every right in
the world to ask where their animals came from and they should tell you
without any problems the name of the breeder unless anonimity has been
requested.  In any case, a breeder who can offer each kit individual time
and love is the best place to get a fuzzy.  Of course this is just MHO and
you have every right to do as you please, I just ask that you do it
carefully.

Thank you for your time.