From:
"K. Crassi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 22:36:59 -0500
>From:    Shelley Straight <[log in to unmask]>
>If you already have antibody to toxo, then you don't have to worry about
>transmitting it to your fetus.  A good portion of the population is already
>exposed and don't know it becasue it isn't a problem unless you are
>pregnant.  ...

Actually, it's not a problem if you've already been exposed to the parasite
BEFORE your pregnancy.  It's only a problem if you are exposed for the
FIRST time DURING your pregnancy.

Karen
"...and over our heads will fly the Blue Bird,
singing of beautiful and impossible things.
Of things that are lovely and that never happen.
Of things that are not, and that should be."
                                  -- Oscar Wilde
If you love ferrets, check out:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html

[Moderator's note: And I believe the potential for danger occurs mostly
when exposure is during the first trimester.  BIG]