From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 May 2005 00:35:01 -0400
The topic of salmonella and related news stories (and new sources
thinking that ferrets are rodents) came up a while ago, so I figured
that this might be helpful:

http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20050528/food.asp

(BTW, everyone always says that Typhoid Mary had no illness but at one
point she was said to have had an inability to move her left eye for 6
months and she also was said to be someone with whom few people could get
along.  It's probably a shot in the dark, but looking at a neuropathology
site I can't help but notice that such symptoms are among listed
possibilities when the salmonella strain involved produces neurotoxins...
Probably wrong, but it intrigues me.)

-- Sukie

"He was simple, not stupid... He was simple but what wits he had, he used
well.  I've known people with more wits who used them worse.  That's what
stupid is." (Margaret Frazer)