From:
Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 19:47:49 -0700
>From:    Shannon Crum <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferrets burrowing
>Now, they have found a way into my box springs under my bed.  At first, I
>thought they were just sleeping under the bed.  When I started pulling them
>out to go back into their cage, I was missing a ferret.  I looked under the
>bed again and noticed a dip under the bed.  My oldest, Snooz at 1.6 years,
>was inside the mattress.  He had scratched open the bottom of the box
>spring and crawled into it between the cotton and the springs.
>
>Any suggestions on how to stop this?...

What worked for many months for our (now dead) couch was, we used very thin
boards and stuffed them into the bottom of the couch, below the cushions.
Then took pieces of blanket and other material and stuffed all areas of the
couch which could be stuffed.  You still will have to watch the ferrets tho
because they might keep trying to get into the couch.

For the box spring, we took a bed sheet and placed it on the bottom of the
box spring.  Then either used saftety pins or small clothes pins to attach
the loose ends to the box spring.  The pins have not at all tore any holes
in the box spring and with no loose ends, this should keep your ferrets
out.

Debbie/aka PCNUT