From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2013 09:34:02 -0800
The product The "Wolfster" is speaking of is still on the market. It is
called FERRET Rx and is for use in ferrets and other small animals for
relief of upper respiratory ailments, made my Marshall Farms.

Last Spring when I got my three clowns home from the Humane Society,
only to have them immediately develop symptoms which later led the
Doc to a "Human Flu" diagnosis, I used this product. I poured a small
amount on a cotton cloth and hung it on the outside of the cage. I
thought it was helpful.

The directions suggest placing drops under each nostril. I would never
be comfortable doing that. Ferrets have such a strong sense of smell,
you have no way of taking it off if bothersome or irritating. They also
suggest using it in the vat of a hot air vaporizor which I often do
with all of my pets when they get respiratory issues. (Particularly
the cats with summer colds.)

As best I can read the ingredients through the oil stained labled, it
is made up of corn oil, Origanum Oil, Rosemary Oil, Balsam and Camphor
oil. USe at your descretion....I'd start with application on the
outside of the cage.

If you have a Living Oils rep in your area, they have done research on
which aromatherapy oils are safe for animals and which ones for which
animals. Healing Touch for Animals is an International Healing Program
for animals and they utilze this product in the teachings of their
classes. They were some of the first to promote limited use of
aromatherapy oils on pets due to the damage the phenols in some oils
can cause to animals' livers. Good luck.

Today is the best day to do a good deed.

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3