From:
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:41:18 EDT
I just wanted to let everyone know that I finally got a full time job at
Petsmart.  They don't sell ferrets, so I feel ok about taking the job.
I'll be working alot trying to get my financial life back in order.

If anyone in Las Vegas has a few hours to spaer at anytime, I can use help
cleaning cages and caring for the shelter until I get used to the hours and
the numbers here go down.  We are still over 80 and one comming in from
Cali today.  Any help will be greatly appriciated, I don't want to ferrets
to have to go without clean cages because I'm working full time again.  We
also need to do a bath day, if anyone is interested with helping with that
also.  Our big raffle is still going on til Sept 20th.  More stuff has been
added.  tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5.

Money can be sent to
24 Carat ferret Rescue And Shelter
5383 Via De Palma Dr.
Las Vegas, Nv. 89146

I'll e mail you with your ticket numbers or send a SASE if you want your
dup tickets sent to you.

winners will be posted on the FML and by Email if I have your addy.

Make sure to include shipping info with entry.

Also I'm way behind on replying to e mails.  Along with the time spent
caring for the shelter, getting a job, doing the raffle, getting ferrets
from Cali.  I've suffered a personal loss.

My father passed away Monday afternoon, he lost his battle with brain
cancer.  He went into a coma Sunday morning and we took him home.  I stayed
by his side with my family and finall got to sleep last night.  We were
with him when he passed and I know he knew we were there for him.  My
father was only 59 years old and he will be greatly missed.  I deal with
cancer daily here at the shelter and now in my family.  Its an ugly disease
that just cuts your life short.  My fathers passing has really to put light
that life is to short and we need to do the things we want to do everyday
because tomorrow may never come.

This week has been hard on myself and the shelter ferrets as well.  So
please forgive me if I have not answered any emails, I'll try to catch up
in the next week.

Take care all and thank you to everyone who has been helping the shelter,
you keep me going when all I want to do is give up.

CJ
24 Carat ferret Rescue And Shelter
"where ferrets are treated like gold"