From:
"Susan D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 15:42:09 -0400
Hi everyone,

Someone requested funny stories a week or so back.  Here's my latest with
Bubba.

Bubba is my 3.5 pound monster.  He was going to be a foster, but I ended
up keeping him because I'd never had a ferret this big before!  I named
him Bubba because, well, he just looks like a Bubba.  He's big and cute
and clumsy.

And nasty.

Bubba is constantly knocking the bathroom garbage can over and playing
inside.  He hangs out around the toilet, and (yuck) behind the toilet.  I
keep the bathroom door closed now, but there are times it doesn't latch
and he pushes it open.  "Toilet-leak Day" was one of those days.

The tank was slowly leaking onto the floor behind the toilet, creating a,
well, sludge is the best word to describe it.

I'm in the kitchen, doing whatever, and go down the hall.  The bathroom
door is open, and Bubba is not in sight.  I went into the bathroom and
Bubba is behind the toilet, gleefully laying on his back, flapping his
legs, splashing in the sludge!

I reached for him, and of course, he thought we were playing and took off
running, sludge flying everywhere.  I caught up with him in the kitchen,
but not soon enough.  The little creep dived in the cats' water bowl!!!!!
I mean, he took a running leap right into the bowl!  (He's always liked
the water bowls (they're huge) and is always climbing inside one to work
on his backstroke.)

Needless to say, Bubba the Sludge King got his first ever bath after
that.  And the cats got clean bowls.

The toilet has since been fixed, and Bubba has moved on to the cat litter
boxes to hone his digging abilities.

Susan