From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 15:34:54 -0400
Hello everyone.

I should have written this long ago but time just hasn't been on our side.
I am writing regarding the question I had ages ago about mosquito plants.  I
have replied to all of the people that had responded (I think) and I want to
thank them again on this list for guiding me to the right places and giving
me the information that they did.  My findings show that, yes this lemon
scented geranium does repel mosquitos and according to the toxic plant
lists, it is non-toxic.  Amazing.  A plant that repels mosquitos, smells
nice, and is fuzzy safe too.  The one drawback is that this plant only lives
in the summer months, and outdoors.  However, the sun comes right in the
fuzzies room during the day and I am going to try and hang it in their room
by the window (which is also by Nikki's full spectrum light).  I think that
I could probably prolong its survival time to more that the summer months,
at least I am going to try it.  Since we think that these monster bugs that
we have been experiencing are horse flies or deerflies, the encyclopedia
says that you can use regular fly and mosquito repelents so hopefully this
will work on these bugs as well.

Thanks again to all of those who replied to both my mosquito plant inquiries
and my bug inquiries.  Your help, as usual, given me answeres and also has
pointed me in the right directions so that additional answers can be found.
You are the greatest.

Tryntje Miller