Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2011 10:19:46 -0500
>I have a large white male who has mushy stools that have a strong foul
>smell. He eats fine, drinks good, eliminates normally frequency-wise,
>and is active. He shows no signs of being ill.

Sounds like it could be an excess of bacteria and may need 10-14 days
of an antibiotic to clear up. This happens sometimes with some ferrets,
but not others, and is usually an excessive growth of the heliobactor
that are normally in their digestive system. However, I've also had
this kind of smelly/mushy poop when there is a hair wad that may be
causing a partial blockage. So, you might also consider ferretlax or
similar anti-hairball treatment for 3-5 days as well. You'll want to
have the vet look at a stool sample and prescribe some antibiotic
treatment before it really gets out of hand and does become a bigger
problem.

Jeff
In Loving Memory of Neo, Trinity, Morphy, Possum, Pip, Pop, Sabrina,
Minnie Mouse, Hunny, Misty, Frodo, Baggins, and Mr. Parker
Caring for Luna, Baby Girl, Dozer, Boomer, and Zoomer