From:
Marc A Renzoni <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 1996 13:44:09 -0400
Hello,

I've been reading the digest for the past month or so and I just want to
thank everyone for their wonderful input on how to raise my first rugrat,
Jordan (named after His Airness because the first time I pickked her up she
kept sticking her tongue out at me).

A special thanks to the person with the idea for using a Q-Tip with a little
sour apple on the end to keep my fuzzy from nipping me.  She is now more
tame (at least by ferret standards!) and loves to cuddle.

Now that my little thanks are done, I'd like to tell you about a game that
Jordan loves to play.  My mother had a pair of those shiny metal balls that
you use to relieve stress (ever see Boyz N The Hood?).  Well, these two also
make a bell-sound when they roll on the floor.  Jordan loves to chase them
around on my kitchen floor because they slide easily on it and she cannot
get her paws around it to stop it from rolling.  An added treat is making a
ramp out of a cardboard tube and rolling the balls down it.  She goes NUTS!
And when she finally gets the balls, she does her little dance of joy, which
is a joy to watch!  Oh, and also if I place it in a cardboard box that has a
lip too high for her to simply push the ball out, she pushes it around the
box with her nose as fast as she can until she's too frustrated to try
anymore ways of getting the ball out of the box.  Really cool stuff.

Thanks again for all the input, we'll keep reading!

-Marc(human) and Jordan(fuzzy)