From:
New England Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:06:52 +0000
Hi Ferret Folks,

In recent weeks there has been a generous influx of ferrets to the
Massachusetts shelters, rescues, and the foster network maintained by New
England Ferret Foster, Education, and Rescue, Inc (NEFFER).  There are
many ferrets currently available, looking for either foster or adoptive
homes.  In the past week, NEFFER's Foster and Adoption Coordinator has
made 2 trips out to the Salem, MA Animal Rescue League to pick up
surrendered ferrets when the ARL became overwhelmed with drop-offs.

If you've been considering becoming a foster home, there's no time like
the present!  We have lots of fuzzies looking for homes:

We just got a quartet who were discovered abandoned in a storage closet
without food or water.  Despite their hardship they are friendly,
affectionate fuzzies, three girls and a swarthy boy.  They are looking
for a foster home (or dare they hope to find a permanent home all
together?) that will care for them until a forever home comes along.
We're hoping that their journey out of a dark closet will lead to a
bright future in a happy home.

We also have Leo and Cleo, a bouncy, FAT pair of formerly cagebound
2-year-old males who need love AND some exercise!!  They are gorgeous
boys, looking for foster care or a permanent home.

A trio: Guiness, Calvin, and Flower.  Flower needs adrenal surgery and
the three of them are looking for a foster home that has experience with
recuperating ferrets.  NEFFER will be paying the cost of the surgery, as
is the norm with foster ferrets.

Little Nell, a tiny dark waif found abandoned by some dumpsters, seeks a
home without other ferrets.  If you've been considering ferret ownership,
our Little Nell might be the fuzzy who will get you hooked on ferrets!

These and many more ferrets are in need of short-term foster care or
permanent homes.  Sadly, there are even more ferrets at the ARL as well
as on our waiting list, hoping to come into the shelter/foster system
once the current crew has found placements.

Remmeber that foster care is a great way to give love to needy fuzzies
while not necessarily taking on the expense of extra ferrets.  Foster
homes provide food, shelter, and love.  NEFFER pays for routine medical
as well as any surgical costs for these ferrets.  If Ferret Math is
hitting your heart but not your pocketbook, consider fostering a ferret
or two!

Interested homes can e-mail us directly at [log in to unmask], or you
can go to our website at
http://www.neferrets.org
and fill out our adoption application and submit it online.  We'll get in
touch shortly to set up a time to bring some fuzzy friends out to meet
you!

There are many ferrets in Massachusetts desperately needing homes.  Will
you be one of them?

Thanks,

Heather W.
Secretary, New England Ferret Foster, Education, and Rescue, Inc.