From:
CYBER SCORPION <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 1995 15:25:23 EDT
   This is sort of a funny story that happened the other night.  The young
couple that lives above us got into an argument about 3am.  I could hear
them yelling from downstairs.  Someone must have called the county police
because they arrived shortly afterward.  The girl's boyfriend had already
left the scene a couple minutes before the police showed up and the girl was
standing on the stairway.  I know this because I had opened my door to ask
what was going on and saw her there.  As the police walked to the entrance I
had shut the door.  I heard the officers come in and a few minutes later
there was a knock on my door.  I opened the door and the officer said, " I
think you lost someone".  I walked out into the hall and up the stairs,
immediately realizing that one of the ferrets must have snuck out.  As I
approached the upper landing, I saw who it was.  The other officer was on
the landing questioning the girl, and standing right next to him, at
attention, was my silver male Mickey.  I guess he had heard the commotion
himself and wanted to investigate.  I told the officer he must have gotten
out when I opened my door to see what all the ruckus was.  I then picked up
Mickey, who really wanted to stay and assist the officers.  After I returned
him to my apartment, he waited by the door until he heard the police leave,
then he went back to bed.

Moral : You really have to watch the door, even if you only open it
for a minute, thinking all the fuzzies are sound asleep.

and...   Ferrets can make good detectives.

Fred R...
Mickey, Niki, Merlin, and Crystal.