Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:04:12 -0600
Ok I hit the Alta Vista translator to sign my last post.  In a cultural
psychology class I took, we discussed how some things just don't translate
right and you should translate something to say spanish and then back to
english to make sure the idea comes across.  Here is what "Help, I have a
ferret in my pants!" translates back to english as:

Spanish--
Ayude, yo tienen un hursn en mis pantalones!; I help, have a ferret in
my trousers!

French--
Aidez, j'ont un furet dans mon pantalon!; Help, I have a pipe cleaner in
my trousers!

German--
Helfen Sie, ich haben ein Frettchen in meinen Hosen!; Help, I have a
frettchen in my trousers!

Italian--
Aiutare, io hanno un furetto in miei pantaloni!; To help, I they have a
ferret in my pants!

Portuguese--
Ajude, mim tjm uma doninha em minhas calgas!; It helps, me have a ferret
in my pants!

Amuse yourself at
http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/cgi-bin/translate?

Cheers!